What does SpringBoard offer?
Over the course of nine weeks, students build a comprehensive business plan, learn valuable management and marketing skills, and receive constructive feedback from advisers, peers, and local businesses. Facilitators include educators and serial entrepreneurs and guest speakers are from leading marketing, accounting, and legal firms in Cincinnati.
Length of Program: Nine weeks, convening one evening per week for three hours
Cost: $250 includes the course fee, two hour-long sessions with the course facilitator to address your business development needs, access to monthly round table discussions, small business resources, and ongoing mentorship
Location: Classes are held at ArtWorks, 20 E. Central Parkway
- Session 1: Welcome, Introduction, Licensing and Legal Structures, Personal Budgeting
- Session 2: Personal Credit, Start-up Costs, Overhead Costs
- Session 3: Sales Unit, Break Even Point
- Session 4: Sales and Profit Goals, Cash Flow, Review
- Session 5: Target Markets, Market Research, Mission Statement, Marketing Message
- Session 6: Target Markets, Market Research, Competition, Pricing, Marketing Goals and Methods, Time Line
- Session 7: Financing Sources, The Loan Process, Review
- Session 8: Practice Pitch Presentations of Business Plans, Feedback, wrap up
- Session 9: Pitch Night